A year ago, Chely Wright told people in May 2010 that she’s gay and there was nothing in her life has been more magical than the moment she decided to reveal her sexuality. The 39-year-old said she experienced a community in which homosexuality was rejected and she “hid everything” for her music. After a year the country music star came out about being a lesbian and revealed just how painful that confession was in the world of country music, Chely Wright has married girlfriend Lauren Blitzer. In an interview with the Los Angeles Times’ Geoff Boucher, Wright confessed, “People would rather judge that you (country music artists) were a drug addict than be gay. They will forgive you if you beat your wife, lose your kids to state, get six divorces, make a sex tape, get labeled as a tramp — any and all of it is better than being gay.”
Chely Wright and gay activist Lauren Blitzer were married Saturday, 20th of August 2001, during a private ceremony at Blitzer’s aunt’s home in Connecticut, one of several states which recognizes marriages between same-sex couples. The ceremony was supervised by a minister and a rabbi because Wright is Christian and Blitzer is Jewish. The “Single White Female” hitmaker met partner Lauren Blitzer last year, just two weeks after she ‘came out’ as a lesbian.
- Sean Young was arrested after struck the guard at post-Oscars party
- The Lawyer said the gunman is a fairly quiet and good kid
- The dismissal of ‘Zombie Muhammad’ case caused a controversy
- J.K Rowling’s New Book will be very different to Harry Potter J.K Rowling’s New Book will be very different to Harry Potter
- Kathy Ireland's Net Worth Passes the Predicted Richest Supermodel's Net Worth