Pat Robertson who was born on March 22, 1930 is a media entrepreneur and television gospeler. His media and financial possessions make him recognized as a prominent and controversial public voice for conservative Christianity in the United States. His controversies which are related to Robertson include his earlier work as a faith healer, his claim that some Protestant denominations harbor the spirit of the Antichrist, and his claims of having the power to prevent hurricanes through prayer. Recently, he had made a controversy related to his statement about marriage relationship. The religious broadcaster Pat Robertson told his “700 Club” viewers that divorcing a wife with Alzheimer’s is reasonable as he explained that the disease is “a kind of death.”
Robertson’s provocative statement was spurred on by a viewer email who detailed a friend going through difficult times with his significant other who suffered from the disease and didn’t even recognize him anymore. The viewer’s friend wondered if he should be allowed to see other woman to marry them. “I know it sounds cruel,” answered the Christian broadcaster. “But if he’s going to do something, he should divorce her and start all over again, but make sure she has custodial care and somebody looking after her,” he added.
- The Lawyer said the gunman is a fairly quiet and good kid
- The dismissal of ‘Zombie Muhammad’ case caused a controversy
- J.K Rowling’s New Book will be very different to Harry Potter J.K Rowling’s New Book will be very different to Harry Potter
- The Exuberant Garry Catcher Died after Battling Brain Cancer
- Waiting for the Toxicology Results to Know Whitney Houston’s Death Cause