The Holy Lance is the name given to the lance that pierced Jesus’ side as he hung on the cross in John’s account of the Crucifixion. According to the account of Dr Walter Stein, Hitler had his mutual interest in the Spear of Destiny (another name of the Holy Lance), a relic on display in the Hapsburg’s treasury at the Hofmuseum in Vienna. The relic was said to have phenomenal talismanic power having once been used at the Crucifixion to wound the side of Christ. According to legend, possession of the Spear would bring its owner the power to conquer the world, but losing it would bring immediate death.
After having declared Austria to be a part of the Third Reich the Austrian born Adolf Hitler had the lance loaded on to an armored SS train. Firstly he went to Vienna and his first destination was to the Hofmuseum where he took possession of the Spear which he immediately sent to Nuremberg, the spiritual capital of Nazi Germany. It was taken to Nuremberg on October 13, 1938. There it remained in St. Catherine’s Church for the next 6 years until it was removed to a safer, protective underground vault where Lt. Walter William Horn of the United States Army took possession of it in the name of the US government on April 30, 1945.Read also
- The Lawyer said the gunman is a fairly quiet and good kid
- The dismissal of ‘Zombie Muhammad’ case caused a controversy
- J.K Rowling’s New Book will be very different to Harry Potter J.K Rowling’s New Book will be very different to Harry Potter
- The Exuberant Garry Catcher Died after Battling Brain Cancer
- Waiting for the Toxicology Results to Know Whitney Houston’s Death Cause